In this talk, Janetti Marotta presented the publication of her new book, "A Fertile Path: Guiding the Journey with Mindfulness and Compassion." Janetti described how mindfulness teaches us to be in harmony with whatever life presents. With the wisdom of awareness and the warmth of compassion, obstacles become challenges and crises become opportunities.
These are the guided meditations from the "Developing a Mindfulness Meditation Practice" course. The weekly content for this series included:
1. Why Meditate: The power of mindfulness with breathing,
2. Cultivating Presence: Mindfulness of the body,
3. Settling the Restless Mind: Mindfulness of thoughts,
4. Emotional Presence: Mindfulness of mental states,
5. Practicing Kindness: Metta Practice, and
6. Remember to Remember: Mindfulness recap and practice tips.
Janetti Marotta gave the first talk in a eight-week series titled "Seven Factors of Awakening". This talk focuses on what mindfulness is, and how it is considered one of the seven factors of awakening. Three central factors of mindfulness that cultivate the mind are explored: the particular way of paying attention to the present moment, the ability to investigate experience through seeing clearly, and the development of insight into freedom from suffering.